Today, there is probably not a single person who has never heard or don't know what a casino or Roulette is. Roulette is perhaps one of the most popular and oldest casino games. It first appeared in the 18th century in France. According to a legend, the well-known mathematician Blaise Pascal was the inventor of the first machine that later developed into the roulette we know now. He wanted to build a perpetual motion device and one of the results was similar to the wheel used for today's roulette.
Roulette is so popular that it has become a kind of symbol of the casino. Roulette is considered as a Queen of all casino games, and it's hard to argue with this. Millions of people of all ages, genders, and social backgrounds every day try their luck. Every second person in the world has tried to play Roulette.
The main parts of the roulette are a wheel and a board, each containing the numbers from 1 to 36. Those numbers are placed in a circle inside the wheel and there is a separate pocket for each number. The entire game is based on the rotation of a wheel divided into sectors. In French, the word "roulette" means "small wheel".
3 rows with 12 numbers in each row are placed on the board. Half of the numbers are black and the other half are red. There are different game variations with additional green 0 and possibly 00 on both the board and the wheel. The final part of the roulette is the ball, which is usually made of ivory.
Online Roulette is in no way inferior to playing in a land-based casino. Luck is also important here, you can also make complex strategies, plunge into the world of excitement, and win big.
Online Roulette allows you to:
1. Play for free using virtual money without any time limits.
2. Develop your strategy.
3. Have round-the-clock access to the online casino.
4. Log in to your account from any gadget.
In addition to online Roulette, you can play with a live dealer. Real human dealers are using physical roulette equipment and you can watch this process over live streaming video. That way people from all over the world can participate in this game. You can communicate with your virtual rivals and live dealers from the comfort of your own home at any time of the day or night. The best online casinos offer this feature which combines the best of both: the internet and the real world. You can enjoy Roulette from the comfort of your home and see real people, chips, and roulette in front of you.
Most popular variations of Roulette
Of course, players want to see as many variations of Roulette as possible. The best online casinos will offer a decent number of tables for Roulette.
The most popular variations of Roulette are European, American, and French Roulette. Those three are the most popular, although there are still a huge number of varieties of this game.
1. European Roulette - has only one "zero" sector – (0). This type of Roulette is more popular in Europe. There is only one zero involved which makes European roulette almost twice better than the American.
2. French Roulette – also - has only one "zero" sector – (0). You may think that French roulette is that it's the same as European, but there is one key difference that makes French roulette better. If you bet on any Even Money option such as black/red, odd/even, 1-18/19-36, and the ball hits the zero, half of your stake is returned.
3. American Roulette - has two "zero" sectors – (0) and (00). The second zero brings the owners double income (5.2%). As you noticed, besides the traditional 0, the popular American roulette has the so-called double zero or 00. This addition greatly increases the house edge. This makes the American roulette one of the worst variations of Roulette.
Other Types of Online Roulette
Fortunately, nowadays you will hardly find an online casino that doesn't include roulette. The software providers are not afraid to experiment and invent some unconventional roulette tables online.
Here are some of the Roulette games available online:
- Multi-ball roulette: there is more than one ball in this specific game. Usually, the total number is up to 3 and this fact adds extra excitement to the whole experience;
- Multi–wheel roulette: gamblers can play at 8 different wheels at the same time. You don't have to wait and can just keep betting;
- Premier roulette diamond edition: this type of Roulette offers more than two different colors, as well as some unique features like double bet;
- No zero roulette: this game has no zero on the board and the wheel. It has no house edge and is the best game to choose from the player's perspective;
- Mini–roulette: this game has 12 numbers instead of the traditional 36. The rules are similar to those of European Roulette but are adjusted to the different numbers available.
How does betting systems work?
Making analogies with other games such as blackjack or poker, players often like to use proven betting systems when playing online roulette. Remember that everything here depends on chance - the ball does not have its memory. The same number may appear several times in a row, and there is no pattern in this. Moreover, according to the research of many scientists, it turned out that it is impossible to win roulette based on any system.
The first phase of roulette is when the players place their wagers. There are many different betting options in Roulette. They are divided into two big groups called inside wagers and outside wagers.
Straight Up: pick any number on the board and place a wager that the ball will hit it. Payout is 35 to 1;
Split Up: pick two numbers located next to each other on the board. Payout is 17 to 1;
Line: pick three numbers located on the same line on the board. Payout is 11 to 1;
Corner: pick four numbers located next to each other on the board. Payout is 8 to 1;
Trio: this wager includes the numbers on the top of the board. This can mean the numbers 0, 1, and 2, or 00, 2, and 3, depending on the specific rules set.
Even Money: you can choose between a couple of different bets here. Red or black number, odd or even, a number between 1-18 or between 18-36. The Payout is 1 to 1 for each of the options;
Dozen: each of the three columns on the roulette board consists of 12 numbers. A Dozen wager means to place a stake on any of them. Payout is 2 to 1.
The house edge in Roulette is extremely low and the main source of the casino's profits is zero. The rules are very similar in all variations of Roulette, but some of them give the casino an additional advantage.
Once all bets are completed, the dealer spins the wheel of the Roulette and drops the ball in the opposite direction. At this point, the players still have the option to place a wager up to the moment when the dealer declares that betting is no longer available.
The wheel will keep spinning until the ball falls in some of the pockets. After that, the round is over and players get the winnings. The dealer takes in the rest and clears the table for the next Roulette round.
What Are the Best Online Roulette Software Developers?
Roulette is certainly among the most popular and attractive online casino games. You can choose from plenty of different software developers who push all their efforts to provide quality Roulette tables. Today, Microgaming, Real Time Gaming (RTG), Playtech, and Evolution Gaming are considered the best Online Roulette Software Developers on the market.
One of the main reasons why Roulette is so popular among many players is related to the house edge. There are some roulette games where the house edge is virtually nonexistent or it is way lower than many other traditional casino games. It does give you an extra chance that shouldn't be underestimated. This fact allows players to win a big amount of money. Even the worst Roulette variations will hardly exceed a couple of percentages margin for the casino.
Roulette has been around for a very long time and has no intention of giving away its leadership on the gambling scene. Online Roulette keeps attracting players from all over the world. Thanks to the latest technologies, in the future we can expect even more exciting gameplay changes and outstanding graphics. The game developers constantly launch new types of Roulette, so you will have the chance to play this traditional game in some modern and unusual form.
We are always repeating that beginners must strictly adhere to the basic Blackjack strategy and not deviate from it even for a step if they want to win. Let’s explore some basic Blackjack tips for beginners which you should know!
The casino field attracts people because of its many opportunities to win. It makes people believe in Lady Luck, that their ticket or next pull will change their lives forever. Usually people only dream of instantly becoming millionaires, but in the real world there are a lot of truly inspiring stories of people winning the prize of their lives. In this article you will read about the incredible luck of people hitting the jackpots and making a mark in casino history.